Summary: Performs a variety of clerical tasks in support of court operations by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: Include the following. Other duties may be assigned:
- Data entry and transactions into Court case management and collection software.
- Handling of public phone calls regarding Court collections.
- Prepare and mail collection notices and other correspondence.
- Prepare collection reports.
- Communicate and coordinate with government entities, collection software vendor, and outside collection agencies.
- Receives legal documents; examines documents for completeness and conformity with requirements.
- Prepares and maintains document and exhibit files; files legal documents.
- Provides information regarding court rules and procedures; answers inquiries and explains legal filing processes; explains bail, fines and fees; assists individuals in obtaining forms and information.
- Enters, retrieves, corrects, updates and verifies information in manual and computer record-keeping systems.
- Prepares a variety of court documents such as orders, decisions, judgments, complaints, warrants; exonerates and forfeits bail - all in accordance with established court procedures and under the supervision of a Courtroom Clerk or the Assistant Executive Officer.
- Accepts bail, fines and fees; issues receipts therefor; balances cash drawers.
- Performs various clerical duties such as filing, copying, Faxing, assembling documents; preparing mail for Post Office, and picking up mail from and delivering mail to Post Office; opening, sorting and distributing mail, transporting documents, files and other court materials between branches.
- May prepare and distribute court calendars; may perform limited duties of a Courtroom Clerk; may perform limited bookkeeping tasks such as maintaining register of trust account receipts and disbursements.
- May assist Deputy Jury Commissioner with the selection of prospective trial jury panels and the preparation and distribution of jury summons. May handle written and telephonic requests for jury duty excuse or deferral.
- Performs other clerical and administrative duties as needed.
- Travels to and works in other branches as needed.
Qualifications: To perform successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Mathematical Skills: Ability to calculate general arithmetic amounts such discounts, interest, commissions, proportions and percentages. Ability to calculate job-specific amounts such as bail, fines, fees, and juror compensation.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out detailed instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
Other Skills and Abilities: Ability to type and/or take shorthand with moderate speed; ability to operate personal computers and other office equipment; familiarity with legal documents and terms.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit. The employee is also regularly required to hear and read. The employee frequently is required to talk and to use hands to finger, feel or operate documents, computer keyboards and other office equipment. While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be required to lift office items and equipment, such as but not limited to boxes, files and documents.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
Click Here for Employment Application